If you are currently employed by a member company of Senior Care Network please see the section below titled “Employees of Senior Care Network Companies”.
If you are not employed by a member company of Senior Care Network, the information regarding your Tuition and Expenses is as follows:
There are three different fees associated with the CNA Training Program:
- Application Fee – $50 must accompany each application, prior to that student’s application being reviewed. The application fee is intended to cover the drug screening, background check, and administrative time associated with processing the student’s application. In the event that the prospective student is not admitted to the program a full refund of the application fee will be made, less the fees associated with the FCSR screen ($11.00) and drug screen ($22.00).
- Tuition – The cost of tuition for either the daytime or evening program of the CNA Training Academy shall be $950. This is the cost of the classroom instruction and clinical instruction only.
- Supplies/Materials – Students will be required to obtain/possess the following items for use in class prior to the start of the second day of classroom instruction
- Uniform – the cost for this will be approximately $40, and must be purchased from the CNA Training Academy
- Wrist watch, with a sweep second hand – student must provide
- A working, high-quality stethoscope – available for purchase from CNA Training academy, if needed. Approximate cost = $20
- Gait belt – available for purchase from CNA Training academy if needed. Approximate cost = $15
- White shoes, with closed toe and heel. Athletic shoes are acceptable, provided that are at least 90% white in color.
- Text book – “Nurse Assistant in a Long-Term Care Facility (CNA)” – must be purchased from the CNA Training academy. Approximate cost = $40.
- I.D. Badge – Student ID badge must be worn during all classroom and clinical sessions. This will be provided by the CNA Training Academy on the first day of classroom instruction.
Payments for the application fee, tuition, and supply items to the CNA Training Academy can only be made by the following methods:
- Certified check, payable to “Senior Care Network”
The tuition payment must be received no less than seven days prior to the first scheduled day of classroom instruction.
Payment for supplies/materials must be made upon delivery of the respective items to the student.
For information about receiving reimbursement of the Tuition and Expenses, please see Page 16 of the Student Handbook.